If the YouTube video is not working on iPhones when added to a WordPress website, you can try the following troubleshooting steps:
- Check the YouTube embed code: Ensure that you are using the correct and valid YouTube embed code for the video. Double-check for any errors or missing elements in the code.
- Use the HTTPS protocol: Make sure you are using the HTTPS protocol in the YouTube embed code. Replace “http://” with “https://” in the YouTube video URL.
- Disable plugins: Temporarily disable any plugins on your WordPress website that may be conflicting with the YouTube video playback. This will help identify if any plugin is causing the issue.
- Theme compatibility: Test the YouTube video on a different WordPress theme or switch to a default WordPress theme (e.g., Twenty Twenty-One) to see if the issue is related to your theme. Some themes may have custom codes or scripts that can interfere with video playback on iPhones.
- Clear cache: If you are using a caching plugin on your WordPress website, clear the cache to ensure that the latest changes and updates are applied.
- iOS and browser compatibility: Check if the issue is specific to a particular iOS version or Safari browser version. Test the video on different iOS devices and versions to narrow down the compatibility issue. Make sure that the iOS version and Safari browser are up to date.
- Test on different iPhones: If possible, test the YouTube video on multiple iPhones to ensure it is not a device-specific issue.
- Verify YouTube video settings: Check the YouTube video settings on YouTube itself. Make sure the video is not set to private, restricted, or blocked in certain regions. Ensure that embedding is allowed for the specific video.
- Seek YouTube support: If the issue persists, reach out to YouTube support for further assistance. They may be able to provide specific guidance based on the video and your website setup.
By going through these troubleshooting steps, you should be able to identify and resolve the issue with the YouTube video not working on iPhones when added to your WordPress website.