Table of Content
- What is Local Keyword Research?
- Why is Keyword Research Important For Local SEO?
- How Can You Find Local Keywords?
- How to Handle Multiple Locations
- Best Tools to Find and Track Your Local Keyword Rankings
- Get Local SEO Done Right
- What Is Local Seo Keyword Research?
- Why Is Local Seo Keyword Research Important For Businesses?
- How Can I Identify The Right Local Keywords For My Business?
- What Are Some Common Mistakes To Avoid In Local Seo Keyword Research?
- How Can I Measure And Monitor The Performance Of Local Seo Keywords?
Do you want more people to visit your stores or business channels? Consider local SEO.
According to a BrightLocal poll, 87% of respondents use Google to evaluate local companies (2022). Extrapolating from that figure, if your business isn’t showing up in local search results, chances are you won’t get the traffic (or brand exposure) you hoped for.
Let’s look at how customers search for local businesses and what you can do to boost Local SEO Keyword Research.
What is Local Keyword Research?
Local Keyword Research is a process that organizations employ to identify the regional keywords or keyword locations that their target audience uses while searching for services or goods in their niche.
The major goal of Local Keyword Research is to improve online channels to appear in search results for people in a specific location who search for the company’s products or services.
Local SEO keywords inform a company exactly what their customers are looking for. It enables them to give their users accurate and relevant information when they conduct a local search for the company’s offerings.
Why is Keyword Research Important For Local SEO?
Keyword research for local SEO is critical for firms that want to know exactly what their target customer is looking for.
More reasons to consider optimizing your online channels for local SEO keywords are listed below:
- Local keyword research assists firms in generating more leads and increasing revenue. According to ReviewTrackers research, around 42% of millennials who search locally for a company visit it.
- Local SEO optimization helps firms rank higher in local search results.
- It is a key tool for creating and publishing relevant and targeted content, which aids in establishing brand authority in a competitive market.
- It is a wonderful instrument for organizations to refocus their products or services to new markets entirely.
- Local keyword research facilitates firms’ entry into similar markets in newer locations.
- Because the majority of customers now use mobile devices, local SEO optimization may assist businesses in making it simpler for their target audience to locate them in mobile searches.
- Local keyword optimization is very useful for businesses with physical locations. It can help businesses increase foot traffic inside their establishments.
How Can You Find Local Keywords?
The easiest technique to identify local and regional keywords is to enter one of your company’s services into search engines together with your target area. Let’s look at an example.
If you start Google and type in “Home appliance repair in Pune,” you’ll receive the following results:
The search results below the company listings reveal numerous companies that have used this local keyword and its variants (shown in bold font) to optimize their pages for local search. You can make a note of these.
Furthermore, if you scroll down to the bottom of the search results, you will see the “Related searches” area, where Google helpfully shows the various queries that consumers use to search for related services or products:
The best thing is that none of this requires the use of any keyword research tools. This, however, will only go you so far. You’ll need a specialized keyword research tool if you need more thorough local keyword research and want to know the search volumes and competitiveness for each phrase.
Ahrefs, for example, is a prominent keyword research tool that many firms use for this reason. Once you’ve compiled a list of all the services you’re attempting to rank for in local search, you can use the Ahrefs tool to build a list of all the local keywords your target audience searches for when looking for these services.
You may also use the tool to get a list of comparable phrases.
To boost the effectiveness of your local search efforts, try using high-intent modifiers such as:
- “ – near me”; for example, “Home appliance repair near me.”
- “ – in my area”
- “Local – “; for example, “local home appliance repair” or “Dubai home appliance repair”
The customer is extremely motivated to complete tasks while using these terms. If your company takes the correct steps, this might help you increase conversions.
How to Handle Multiple Locations
If your company has many locations, you’ll want to score well in each of them. Finding the correct local keywords for each region independently is the best method to do this.
For example, if you’re looking for “Home appliance repair in Dubai,” you may refine your search by typing “Kharadi home appliance repair” or “Home appliance repair in Dubai, UAE” into the search box.
You may optimize your website to rank for local keywords in all of the regions and areas where your company has a presence.
Best Tools to Find and Track Your Local Keyword Rankings
Ahrefs is an SEO toolkit that includes everything you need. It includes the following tools:
- Site Explorer
- Competitor Analysis
- Site Audit
- Website Optimization
- Keywords Explorer (Local, Regional, Global)
- Content Idea Generation
- Rank Tracker
All of these tools combine to produce a comprehensive set of very successful holistic SEO tactics.
SEMrush is more of a holistic content marketing tool that can also be used for effective keyword research. It has a robust set of features, including:
- Keyword Research
- On-page SEO
- Competitor Analysis
- Content Marketing
- Local SEO
- Rank Tracking
- Social Media Management
- Link Building
- Content Creation, Optimization And Distribution
- Market Analysis
- Paid Ads And PPC
SERanking is an SEO and marketing tool geared for agencies, although enterprises may benefit from its keyword research skills. It has the following advantages:
- Keyword Research And Keyword Rank Tracker
- Backlink Checker And Monitoring
- Competitor Research
- On-page Seo Checker
- Website Audit And Page Change Monitoring
- Content Editor And SERP Checker
KWFinder is a quick and easy approach to uncover local keywords for your company. It is a simple tool that allows you to undertake rival keyword research.
The program also displays search volumes for each term, including local keywords. KWFinder may also be used to perform a SERP analysis.
Get Local SEO Done Right
Local keyword research makes your company visible to your local target market. You might welcome this customer and increase one-on-one sales. Because 98% of people use the internet to acquire information about a local business, conducting local SEO keyword research is critical for increasing lead generation and conversion.
Finding local SEO keywords, however, is not enough to ensure success; you must also develop high-quality content. Blogging is the most important content strategy for local SEO. Atechno is a specialist in this field.
We can assist you in creating totally engaging content based on local keyword analysis and applying best practices to improve the local content on your website.
Let’s make it happen – get in touch with us today!
What is local SEO keyword research?
Discovering the search phrases and queries that target consumers use to look for certain services or goods online is what local keyword research is all about.
Why is local SEO keyword research important for businesses?
Local search optimization assists firms in increasing local exposure and brand recognition among target consumers who live in the same area, region, or city.
How can I identify the right local keywords for my business?
The correct local keywords are determined by your company’s primary services and key service locations. This is where you should concentrate your local search.
What are some common mistakes to avoid in local SEO keyword research?
Keyword stuffing, poor internal linking, neglecting search purpose, ignoring customer communications from local searches, and solely targeting high-volume keywords are some of the frequent pitfalls to avoid.
How can I measure and monitor the performance of local SEO keywords?
Term ranking tools can help you discover how each local term performs in searches.